Monday, January 26, 2009

No luck this week

I sucked even worse this week. The pools just didn't seem to be spawning at the area I was fishing (same place as last week - right ashore of the Vile Reef). I know they're there because they were spawning there after the contest was won, which took 20 minutes. I did a /who for people 50+ in STV right before the contest, and it was around 25 people. Double that number for horde participants, and it seems as if the competition is somewhere around 50 people or so. Not as bad as I was thinking, but still pretty stiff competition. Excluding the BE warlock who spent the whole contest trying to fish one of those pools that are half ashore. :) Not that me and my 16 tastyfish have room to talk.

Next week. Maybe I'll try south of Grom'gol.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog, keep us updated how the Extravaganza goes.

    As for me: beginner angler but I love titles. I just decked out an UD warlock with full heirloom items and am planning to level him to 80 and play him quite a bit now that I'm bored with my paladin. His name is Mutation, so I am starting to research the massive amount of time and luck needed to reach "Salty Mutation" :) Already read your whole blog and it is looking like Salty is a very tough title to go after. I was thinking maybe it might make sense to at least attempt some of the achievments and to level my fishing skill as I level. Maybe then it wouldnt be as painfully boring? Just as long as I were disciplined about it and did an hour of fishing per day before quest grinding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for the comment! I'm shocked that someone is actually reading my blathering.

    Hope your lock and your quest for the Salty title are going well. Post again to let me know if you did it!

    You posted on my birthday - +1 internets for you.

    ReplyDelete