Sunday, January 18, 2009

Minutiae

A few small things I learned the first time out:

1. The contest is at 2pm SERVER time, not MY time (4pm) *duh*

2. While there may be pools active right where you're sitting at 1:59, they all respawn at different locations when the contest starts (although I believe the Tastyfish pools still spawn wherever there is normally a pool spawn point)

3. It would be a good idea to do a /who (right after the winner is declared) just to see approximately how many are competing.

4. If there are two people looking for pools, running ahead of you, it might be better to turn around and go the other way. Either that or pass them up when they both stop at the first pool they find.

That's about all I learned this time. Hopefully I can refine my technique a little for next time. And hopefully I'll be a little luckier. I think I'm going to make a map with notes as far as how many people are in each spot during each contest I participate in. I'll post it here after I get some data on it. I also plan to compile some /who data for each contest. Useful knowledge.

20/40 the first time out. Could use some improvement.

Back to Ironjaw.

Oh, also - my third Mr. Pinchy wish was "The Benevolent Mr. Pinchy" which spawns a huge crab-like guardian for about 10 minutes. Awesome. I had my Magical crawdad out at the same time, so I had to stop by the Commons in Ironforge to exclaim that I had crabs XD. Took a screenshot. I'll post it later when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment