Saturday, March 20, 2010

Other stuff I'm doing

I know this is supposed to be fishing related, but I just thought I'd throw in a post about some of the other things I'm working on, or have completed recently.

Leggings of Woven Death - Just got these pants, which are completely sick. They cost a fortune, though. Eight Primordial Saronite and ten each of Spellweave and Ebonweave. I think my total cost was somewhere in the neighborhood of 16,000g.

T10 helm - Just got this last week. This plus the shoulders gives me the 2-piece set bonus, which I'm not too sure about. The T9 4-piece bonus is better, I think, but T10 is loaded with haste, which almost makes up for it. I'm just guessing because I'm too lazy for theorycrafting.

My guild is in the middle of a severe tank shortage, so I'm trying to learn to tank on my DK. Right now I'm on day two of being a tank. I haven't actually tanked anything yet, though. I'm still ironing out the gear situation, since all I have are various odds n' ends that I picked up doing heroics as dps. It's mostly blue gear, but I have something for nearly every slot. Right now (and mind you I still need lots of gems and enchants), I'm sitting at about 21k health, 21600 armor in Frost presence, 496 def, 17.58% dodge, and 13.49% parry. Not too terrible for just a bunch of crap I had in the bank. I'm starting out as blood, but I respecced my other spec as frost so I could see which one felt more comfortable.

ICC - I don't get to raid that often because my work schedule is weird, but I've successfully downed ONE boss at least - Saurfang. We had to call it after that because everyone started having lag issues.

I changed my Alchemy spec from elixir to transmute. I hadn't had a proc on making flasks in months, anyway. Yesterday, though, I got three gems for the price of one, so the switch has already paid for itself (costs 150g to switch specs). It's also awesome because I need lots of gems for my DK.

Loremaster - I'm 17 quests away from Loremaster of Northrend achievement. Kinda hard to find groups for those group quests in Icecrown - especially at 8am. I plan to go for the whole Loremaster achievement, but it's going to be a long haul. The faction change really messed up the amount of quests I've received credit for. Not including Outland quests (of which I need 169), I need 1006 more quests for the Loremaster achievement. I need 1402 for the "Seeker" title. Phew - that's gonna take forever. Hope I can finish it by the time Cataclysm drops.

That's about all I have going on right now. Can you feel the excitement?

No comments:

Post a Comment