Sunday, March 21, 2010

Epic day, thanks to fishing... Sort of

I got four big gear upgrades today, and fishing is partly to blame for it all.

So I get home, log in, and pick up a few easy dailies. I always do the cooking daily first, because I usually start out in Dalaran, and they are basically 13g for about 2 minutes of your time. Next, I go to pick up the fishing daily. Today, that happened to be the Ghostfish quest. I pick that up and start to fly over to Sholazar. I'd just taken off when I noticed that Horde had WG, which is somewhat rare on Ravenfail, where 85% of the server population is Alliance. I'd already started flying, but I figured I should try to get in on a VoA pug before anything else. We all need frost badges, right? And the chance to roll on some easy T10 gear is pretty sweet, too. So I'm wishing that I hadn't flown all the way to Sholazar, and when I approach the FP in WG, I actually landed. Must have misclicked, I guess. I join a 25m VoA pug, and we one shot Toravon (I was not very impressed with myself DPS-wise, but we won. Lots of target switching kinda screws up affliction locks' dps). Hooray, frost badges.

Raid leader: Sanctified Dark Coven Leggings, ROLL

ofuckIwantthoseomg/roll

"Baconface rolls a 95"
"Raid Leader rolls a 4" <-- The only other lock in the raid, and also loot master XD

So he reluctantly hands them over. I know that had to hurt. Especially considering that the legs I had on are known to be preferred over the T10 legs. In my defense, it wouldn't have been a huge upgrade for him, either - he had the reg T10 legs.

OK, so after all that I finally go do my fishing daily. The Kaluak Derby was coming up in about 30 min, so I thought I'd check out Sholazar while I was there for a place with a high density of pools. I decided it was too crowded, so I flew out to Unu'pe and headed to the Frozen Sea, which was not crowded, and has a good density of pools. Started fishing pools at 1:59pm, and gave up at 2:20pm when I still had no shark. I understand that this contest usually takes 5 min to lose (or win), but my luck had been pretty good so far today, so I stuck around, thinking that maybe the rest of the server had been extremely unlucky. Not the case. So no Salty title today, but there's the STV contest again tomorrow - I was SO SO close last week.

Anyway, I was about to go to bed, and I remembered that I had the mats in my bag to get some Bejeweled Wizard's Bracers made. Now I could wear them, since those legs solved my hit shortage. By the time I had those crafted, my guild started up an ICC10 group, which I had signed up for, and totally forgotten about. So I joined up, sacrificing a few hours of sleep (which I later recouped at work, hehe). Long story short, I got a great caster sword, got the rep I needed to get the first Ashen Verdict ring, and downed the first four bosses in ICC in fairly short order. Festergut had our number, though. Time to watch some strat vids.

So with only a slight stretching of reason and logic, I can say that because of fishing, I got FOUR ilvl 251 or higher epics today.

No comments:

Post a Comment